Monday, October 14, 2013

Satanism in the Suburbs: Exploring previous locations of Thee Satanic Church

Terry Taylor's Thee Satanic Church operated in and around Chicago in between 1971 and 1974, under a variety of incarnations including The Orthodox Satanic Church, and Thee Orthodox Satanic Church of the Nethilim Rite.  Previously I've posted an introduction with newspaper articles (including the involvement of Dr. Evelyn Paglini), and a magazine advertisement for the organization.  Thee Satanic Church was operated in conjunction with Taylor's bookstore, House of Occult (not to be confused with the Occult Bookstore, as many books and websites erroneously report).

I was curious as to the locations that these entities inhabited, and made a trek to the various houses and storefronts that used to house this local Satanic group.  One of the more interesting aspects was the incredibly quaint suburban surroundings where Taylor, Paglini & company continued to place their diabolical organizations.

This Edgewater building was listed as the home of Terry Taylor's bookstore, House of the Occult, in 1972.  Advertisements for the bookstore featured a design that included the logo of Taylor's


 This Oak Park residence was home to Thee Satanic Church, according to various advertisements and other sources around 1974.

This western Chicago ice cream shop sits on the 1974 location of Taylor's House of Occult bookshop.


This is the location in Melrose Park, listed in various sources as late as 1976 as being home to both Thee Satanic Church and the International Psychic Center (the organization which Paglini directed Thee Satanic Church into after the split with Taylor - some sources make this sound like an offshoot, some consider Thee Satanic Church to be a rival organization to Taylor's).

Dr. Evelyn Paglini, just a few years after her split from Taylor, on television advising regarding the "Curse of the Evil Devil Stone."


Dr. Evelyn Paglini has remained in the public eye, but I can find no trace of Taylor.  If anyone has any further information, it would be greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. I have a original flyer from Thee Satanic Church that my step daughter got me for Christmas. She got it off of etsy and according to her it was not cheap at all. If you would like you can email me ryan4131@gmail.com
    and I can send you a picture of flier. It's in mint condition, as well as framed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry died many years ago. I want to say 6-7? He was married to my Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling alone, forgotten in life, no longer believing in anything... this is often the state of mind of the people who contact me before beginning their first consultation with me... => Let heaven finally hear your prayers

    Without knowing that they have finally come to find, through me, the saving path towards happiness and divine protection !

    The precious gift that I received when I was a child through divine Grace has allowed me to be one of the rare Messengers of the Angels, appointed by the 9 Mystic Archangels. Through this gift, I can create a direct and privileged link with Heaven. I physically carry the sacred mark on the palm of my hand: a birth make in the shape of an Angel wing.

    I just have to blow in the crease of my hand to immediately enter into communication with the Supreme Authorities and bring them your message, full of your desires and wishes, to the edges of the Milky Way, where everything is decided and created.

    What follows is a wave of happiness, the arrival cascade of events each more pleasing than the last. => Let heaven finally hear your prayers

    What has happened repeatedly in the lives of so many people can happen the same way for you... And what better way to convince you than by inviting you to experience for yourself free of charge... => Follow this link, I am waiting for your first consultation:

    With my most warm friendship,

    Ashima

    ReplyDelete